Happy friday, Friends! I hope you all had a nice week. This weekend is an exciting one with a close friend moving into town, some Jazz in the Garden tonight, and a special birthday to celebrate. Despite this being my third summer in DC (I was here between my junior and senior years), I haven’t yet made it to Jazz in the Garden. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I’m pretty excited to pack some wine + cheese and have a relaxing evening with good music. On a completely other note, I’ve been working hard on a little facelift for Cake & Lilies and it’s almost done! Hope to have it unveiled in a few days, so keep your eyes peeled for that. It’s going to be pretty great!
Any fun plans for the weekend on your end? This city is so quiet in August…everyone seems to be on vacation! If you are, I’ll plan to live vicariously through you!
– Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte will be back this month, as in before September. It’s no secret that I love fall, but this is a little aggressive? Apparently you can order it iced, though…
– I don’t think Kate has ever posted a style that I didn’t like, but she completely read my mind with this post about navy + camel. Isn’t it the best combination? I’ve been toying with the idea of a camel coat and it doesn’t seem like a terrible idea.
– Obligatory panda triplet post…obviously! Judge me all you want, but I still think they’re the cutest little nugs in their naked mole rat state. These are the only three panda triplets to have survived this long, which is really amazing considering how many newborns — even “only children,” if you will — don’t make it.
– Did you see? I posted about my favorite Instagram accounts this week!
– We already know that Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are a fantastic couple (look at them…) but this is proof that they have a great sense of humor as well. Ryan wrote a letter applying to be the Editorial Director of Blake’s new start-up and it’s hilarious/ nerdily-adorable. The Blakery? That’s love.