Happy happy Friday! Most of why I’m so excited about this weekend is because it’s my birthday tomorrow and the fun stuff starts tonight. Two celebratory dinners (and my favorite margs tonight!), a little shopping, a picnic, great friends, and me trying to incorporate as many sweets into the weekend as I can — definitely the recipe for an ideal birthday weekend. This week felt really busy (in a good way) with happy hour, my first barre class, and RewardStyle school night last night (which was awesome!). Barre was amazing, but also not so great because I may now be hooked on a pretty pricey activity. What are your plans this weekend? If you want an excuse to eat some cake, feel free to blame it on my birthday. I know that’s what I’ll be doing for next week…not that eating cake requires an excuse!
PS: I’ll be back later today with my picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (aka my favorite sale of the year), so stay tuned!
– A weird and somewhat disconcerting thing called the TSA’s Instagram account… the sad thing is, I don’t think anything on their page is made up.
– I’ll probably eventually splurge on a Fitbit eventually but am already tempted by the new Tory Burch accessories. While I can’t imagine I’d actually want to work out wearing the metal bracelet, it would be the perfect way to dress up the device for the rest of the day.
– There’s a chance my roomie and I will hit a flea market on Sunday, and Emily’s post about some of her owns steals has me even more excited about the prospect of going!
– I know that this may come as a surprise and that I may be in the minority here, but I actually don’t mind the Birkenstocks comeback, at all. I swore by the shoes for much of my middle and high school years (admittedly, not my finest years) and even brought them along freshman year of college to briefly wear as slippers. I have the ones Sally is wearing here and think that her outfit is perfect proof that Birks can be cute.
– Kind of obsessed with the Everlane x Langley Collection of tanks — Everlane has already won me over with their regular tees and I’m fighting off the urge to buy these tanks in every color (the drape style is my favorite). Perfect under sweaters in the winter, solo over the summer, dressed up with skirts, down with jeans/shorts.
– Has anyone heard of this cure for hiccups…peanut butter?! I’m intrigued and am definitely going to try it next time. I don’t know who can even manage to drink water from a cup upside down, or however that cure goes!
– As someone who gets headaches relatively easily, I don’t like popping pills unless a) it’s that bad/unbearable or b) I have somewhere to be/things that urgently need to get done and I can’t nap it off. Cue this stuff, which is getting tacked on to my next Amazon purchase. The comments on Joanna’s post seem to indicate that it does actually work!
Image via A Bowl Full of Simple with modification made by me