This image says it all this week… I am seriously itching for some more creative in my life. I have lots of ideas brewing, many of which I’m sure will spill over here or at least be discussed! Plus there’s sleep, and doesn’t everyone just love getting enough sleep? Sure, there never seem to be enough hours in the day, but I’m always far more productive with a generous 8 hours of zzzzzs.
Things of note…
– Yesterday’s post was a good indication of why my blog has the name it does…I love cake. I even bought myself a chocolate cake at Trader Joe’s and have been eating some every day. It really feels like one of the better ideas I’ve had lately!
– Last night, a couple of my roommates and I went to the Ann Taylor/Birchbox event hosted by the lovely Lacey. We sipped some bubbly, ate some snacks, got a nice Birchbox (that’s two in one week for me this week…the monthly one arrived Tuesday!) and bought a couple of things. Lacey was the sweetest and I’m so glad we made it!
– Tell me this guy isn’t the cutest thing you’ve seen all week? He’s an olinguito, the first new carnivore to be discovered in the West for 35 years. A bear-cat face? Dying.
– ANOTHER adorable thing to make your day is this baby panda meeting his mother for the first time. If you know me, you know I love pandas…I’m not going to admit how many times I’ve watched this video.
– The Glitter Guide wrote about how Birkenstocks are “back”...what do you think? I’ll be honest, I spent a LOT of time in my Birks growing up. They have a special place in my heart and I don’t hate them like a lot of people with some kind of fashion sense do. I do think that there is an appropriate time and place for them, and they don’t go with a lot of outfits I’d wear regularly. Seeing as I grew out of my “jeans and sweatshirt” or “jeans and kind-of-cute-shirt” and Birks look from years ago, I’d probably just reserve them for comfy wear and long distance walking in Europe. Thoughts?
– This weekend will be spent relaxing, walking around D.C., and doing some serious creative things. And applying for jobs and organizing and doing laundry and meeting up with friends. And relaxing. Butttt I’m going to brunch at Founding Farmers tomorrow (I really can’t stay away) and am the most excited! Instagramming will
probably definitely happen.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!!