I’ve always found it fun to experiment with different avocado recipes. The healthy, yummy vegetable goes great with nearly any Mexican food dish (who doesn’t like guacamole?) and is the perfect add-on to any burger. So, when I stumbled upon multiple recipes for baked avocado fries, I had to try it.
These were easy and delicious, but the process was incredibly messy. I recommend keeping a roll of paper towels nearby.
Baked Avocado Fries
– Avocado, sliced (I used one, which made more than enough fries for one person)
– 1 egg, beaten
– About 1/4 cup flour
– Two generous handfuls panko breadcrumbs
– Pinch of salt
– Olive oil
– Ranch dressing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cut the avocado into long, thin slices.
3. Coat the avocado slices in flour, then generously coat with panko.
4. Arrange slices on baking sheet and use spoon to lightly dab each with salt and olive oil. This ensures that the fries will be crispy.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until thoroughly browned.
I ate the fries with ranch, which I thought went perfectly!
The perfect addition to a quesadilla.